Warranty & Disclaimer
WARRANTY & DISCLAIMER
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Marfa Cabinets, Inc. (“We” or “Us”) extends the following limited lifetime warranty (“Limited Warranty”) to the first Residential Purchaser (“You” or
“Your”) of a cabinet or vanity manufactured by Us (each, a “Product”). This Limited Warranty applies to Marfa’s Products against manufacturing defects in material and workmanship to the original Residential Purchaser for as long as they own their home and use the Product in the applications described below within the United States. Except as allowed below or required by applicable law, You may not assign or transfer this Limited Warranty.
Under this Limited Warranty, a “Residential Purchaser” means any of the following:
- a person who purchases and installs the Product in a dwelling that is owned and used by that person as a primary or secondary home;
- any person or business such as a builder, contractor or developer that purchases and installs the Product in a newly constructed or remodeled dwelling
that will be used by the initial owner/purchaser of that dwelling as a primary or secondary home. In such situation, this Limited Warranty may be assigned to the initial owner/purchaser who uses the dwelling as a primary or secondary home.
Under this Limited Warranty, a primary or secondary home does not include rental property. This Limited Warranty does not apply to landlords, leasing companies or other commercial purchasers.
Subject to the exclusions and limitations set forth in this Limited Warranty, We warrant to You that each Product will be free from defects in material and workmanship, under normal use and maintenance, for the applicable warranty period stated below. This warranty gives You specific legal rights, and You may have other rights which vary from State to State.
The warranty period for Your Product (excluding certain components discussed in the following paragraph) begins on the date the Product was purchased, whether purchased by You or by a third party on Your behalf. Your warranty is only valid if You use the dwelling as your primary or secondary home and does not extend to future owners if the property is sold.
Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, the warranty periods applicable to the following Product components that were not originally manufactured by Us are as follows:
- Lighting, Electronic, and Powered components: 2 years from the date of original purchase.
- Decorative Hardware and accessories: 5 years from the date of original purchase.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS OUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE
STRICTLY LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO THE PRODUCT AS STATED ABOVE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
This Limited Warranty does not apply to any Product:
- installed or used outdoors;
- used for purposes for which it is not designed or intended by Us;
- which has been subjected to misuse, vandalism, abuse, negligence, accident, or unauthorized modifications;
- which has been improperly stored (if the Product must be stored, it should be covered and stored in a humidity and temperature-controlled environment, away from direct sunlight);
- which has been improperly installed, cleaned, or maintained (for more information regarding the proper use and care of the Product, please consult the applicable Use and Care Instructions that accompanied the Product or that can be found at www.Marfa Cabinets.com/care-and-cleaning.
- which has been subjected to improper temperature, moisture and/or humidity extremes;
- damaged by fire, flood, acts of God, or other external causes beyond Our control;
- varying in color and characteristics due to age, sunlight, smoke, or other environmental conditions; exhibiting any effects on the color and/or integrity of the finish or appearance due to the use of abrasive cleaners, cleaners that contain chlorine, acidic cleaners, scuffing sponges or steel wool; and/or exhibiting normal wear and tear.
In addition, natural woods and other products that we offer may vary in color and characteristics and exhibit subtle changes as they age. For example, painted doors, drawer fronts, and face frames may eventually have visible cracking around the joint area, and cabinet colors may darken or lighten over time. These variations are considered to be the nature of the material in relation to their environmental exposure and are not covered under this Limited Warranty.
SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY: In the event of a defect in the workmanship or materials of a Product or Product component occurring during the warranty period described above, We will, at our option, repair or replace any defective Product or Product component; provided, however, that if it is not commercially feasible to repair or replace a defective Product or Product component, We may refund the original price paid by You for the defective Product or Product component, or provide a credit towards a similar type of product sold by Us. The foregoing are Your sole and exclusive remedies for any Product defect or non-conformity. This Limited Warranty does not cover any labor cost, installation cost, and any other cost associated with removal and reinstallation of the Product. Further, We reserve the right to modify or alter any Product design, specifications or materials without obligation to make similar changes to Products previously manufactured or sold by Us. The repair or replacement remedies offered by Us under this Limited Warranty are contingent on the current Product offerings of styles and construction options within our Product line at the time a warranty claim is made by You. If a valid warranty claim is filed for an obsolete Product, We reserve the right, at our sole option, to honor its repair or replacement obligations under this Limited Warranty by either: (1) replacing the affected Product or component with a new Product or component of the same or approximate style or color from our current Product line or offerings; or (2) replacing the affected Product or component to achieve a uniform appearance with a similar or comparable product style or approximate color of the originally purchased style.
HOW DO YOU OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE? To file a warranty claim, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All claims must be submitted in writing and must specify the defects present in the cabinets and accessories. To initiate a claim for defective cabinets and accessories contact your builder, dealer, distributor or contractor who installed and sold the product.
If that party is unknown or you have difficulty obtaining assistance, contact:
Marfa Cabinets, Inc., 3426 W. Touhy Ave. Skokie IL 60076